Olaplex No.2 Bond Perfector Used In 3 Unique Ways
You’re probably already an Olaplex addict and add Olaplex No.1—the Bond Multiplier—into every formulation. But did you know that Olaplex No.2—the Bond Perfector—is NOT optional? And did you know you can use it beyond the three-step Olaplex system? We’re breaking down three ways you might not know you can use Olaplex No.2, so keep reading!
First, let’s review the Olaplex system. The original bond building regimen goes like this:
- No.1: The concentrated first salon step rebuilds broken disulfide bonds and begins the process of preventing damage and repairing hair.
- No.2: The second in-salon step continues to rebuild and restore any remaining broken bonds. REMEMBER: This step is not optional. No.1 is meant to mitigate damage during chemical services, and No.2 finds more single sulfur hydrogen bonds and crosslinks them back together WITHOUT chemicals working against it. So don’t skip it!
- No.3: Send clients home with this step, the Hair Perfector as a retail item for continuous protection from ongoing damage.
- No.4: Repair bonds while gently cleansing with the Bond Maintenance Shampoo, which imparts moisture, strength and manageability.
- No.5: Restore, repair and hydrate hair—without excess weight—with the Bond Maintenance Conditioner. It eliminates damaged frizz for strong, healthy hair.
Now that we know the entire system, let’s do a deep dive into three ways you didn’t know you could use Olaplex No.2!
1. Olaplex No.2 Bond Perfector Offers Extra Repair While Processing
A root touch-up client can get an extra dose of hair love (and you’ll increase your ticket) with an Olaplex No.2 treatment. Here’s what you should do:
- Apply the root touch-up as you would normally.
- While she processes, dampen larger sections of hair.
- Apply Olaplex No.2 with a bowl and brush from the root touch-up to her ends.
- When she’s finished processing, rinse, shampoo and condition with Olaplex No.4 and Olaplex No.5
2. Use Olaplex No.2 Bond Perfector As A Cutting Lotion
This is a fantastic way to increase your average ticket while increasing your guest’s hair health, not to mention a great opportunity to introduce a non-chemical client to the benefits of Olaplex. Here’s what to do:
- Dispense a quarter-size amount of Olaplex No. 2 in your hands.
- Apply to the hair from scalp to ends.
- Cut the hair as normal. A haircut takes roughly 20 to 30 minutes—and during that time, Olaplex No.2 is working its magic.
- Rinse, shampoo and condition with Olaplex No. 4 and Olaplex No.5, then blow-dry and finish.
3. Olaplex No.2 Bond Perfector Protects Delicate Strands While Lightening
Bleach-and-tone clients need serious love, so here’s your insurance policy on her during her touch-up appointment:
- Before her bleach touch-up, apply Olaplex No.2 on the previously lightened line of demarcation.
- Continue with bleach touch-up as usual.
- If overlapping occurs, Olaplex No.2 will work to repair broken bonds.
New and revolutionary, Olaplex is an upgrade service for hair colouring. This simple three-step process includes a patented active ingredient that works on a molecular level to seek out broken bonds in the hair that are caused by chemical, thermal, and mechanical damage. You can use Olaplex to restore compromised hair, or add it to another service to provide the ultimate breakage insurance.
Olaplex is a bond multiplier containing a single active ingredient, Bis-Aminopropyl Diglycol Dimaleate. Olaplex works by finding single sulfur hydrogen bonds and cross linking them back together to form disulfide bonds before, during and after services. Disulfide bonds are broken via chemical, thermal, and mechanical processes.
Olaplex is the only product of its kind with 8 worldwide patents publishing soon. Olaplex is free of silicone, sulfates, phthalates, DEA, aldehydes, and is never tested on animals.
- Olaplex No. 1 Bond Multiplier
- Olaplex No.2 Bond Perfector
- Olaplex No.8 Bond Intense Moisture Mask
- OLAPLEX No.4 & No.5 Bond Maintenance Shampoo with Conditioner
- Olaplex No.4C Bond Maintenance Clarifying Shampoo
- Olaplex No. 4P Blonde Enhancer Toning Shampoo
- Olaplex No.9 Bond Protector Nourishing Hair Serum 90ml
Other Related Articles
- How To Blow Dry Your Hair With Wella SP Style Resolute Lift
- Wella Color Tango Toner CT 18 | How To Tone Blonde Hair At Home
- How To Go From Black Hair To Ash Blonde
- WELLA Toner On Bleached Hair With Wella T35 Beige Blonde
- Bleaching My Hair From Brown to Blonde With Wella T11 Lightest Beige Blonde
- How To Tone My Brassy Hair With Wella T14 Pale Ash Blonde
- How To Tone Brassy Hair With Wella T14 And 050
- How To Darken an Ombré With Wella 8A Demi Permanent Hair Dye
- Learn To Dye From Black Hair To Ginger/Red With L’Oreal HiColor Copper Without Bleach
- Bleaching Hair At Home With Clairol BW2! Easy To Follow Steps
- Dying Hair Using Wella Color Charm With Wella Color charm 12A & T18
- Rose Gold Hair Colour Using Wella Color Charm Paints Light Pink
Olaplex No.2 Bond Perfector Used In 3 Unique Ways